Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bragging Rights

Okay, Alex just did a babysitting stint for a parent at our school and we received the following email:

Hi Kelley and Shannon-

I just wanted to let you know that I was quite impressed with Alex last night. I hesitated when he asked for $10/hr because we usually have a neighbor babysit for us who is the same age as Alex and has 6 siblings. I paid him $8/hr. He got the job done, but not much more. Alex, on the other hand, made dinner from scratch, had the kids in bed before we came home, emptied the dishwasher and cleaned up after dinner, and when Brian asked me how much to give Alex, Alex expected us to pay him less for the time after the kids were in bed. Wow! He was polite, the kids enjoyed his company, they listened to him (at least by Alex's report) and there was only one plastic spoon caught on fire (I haven't gotten the full story on this one yet). You did good!! Alex did, too.

So, I am wondering if there is a chance to set up a regularly scheduled "date night", once a month. And I will happily pay $10/hr.

'Nuff said.

No comments: